Details

Email: mco@lifeloveandlightimages.com
Phone: 0416 228 428
www.lifeloveandlightimages.com VISIT ME
www.facebook.com/lifeloveandlightimages LIKE ME
twitter.com/mosullivan44 TWEET ME


01 October 2013

~Wendy Marshall, Celebrant~ *Preferred Vendor* {Gold Coast Weddings}

Here is the next in the series of "Preferred Vendor" interviews. I worked with Wendy Marshall, earlier this year and it was a true pleasure. It was a rainy day with location changes but it didn't seem to phase her. She loves her job and it shows through in her lovely, unique, very personal ceremonies.

Enjoy!
xo Martinia



Please introduce yourself
HI, I’m Wendy Marshall and I’m an Authorised Civil Marriage celebrant,



Can you tell us about your services and what you offer? 
I design and perform tailor made marriage ceremonies, naming ceremonies, renewal of vow ceremonies and commitment ceremonies.  I believe that no two people are the same and therefore, no ceremony should be the same.  Each ceremony I design is unique and personalized for the couple and reflects their dreams and wishes and honours their love for one another.



How early do you accept bookings?
I encourage you to book as far in advance as possible – I am currently taking bookings for 2015.  It has been my experience, that those who are able to book at least 18 months in advance, are successful in securing the services of their preferred suppliers.  Tick these three of your list as early as possible – Venue, Celebrant and Photographer.




What is important for couples to be aware of? 
Firstly, to embrace every moment of your wedding day to ensure you always have the fondest memories.  The day flies by and before you know it, you are ending your first day as husband and wife.  Don’t let little things become big things – for example, if your flower girls doesn’t want to walk down the aisle, even though you rehearsed it three times, it’s OK if she doesn’t walk at all, or if she walks with a bridesmaid or mum.  I try to encourage all my couples to relax as much as possible and don’t sweat the small stuff.



I think it is important that couples also understand they are signing legal documents and making declarations as required by law on their wedding day.  Whilst I encourage all my clients to enjoy their day, make it fun and uplifting, there are certain requirements that have to be met and it is my job to ensure that they are.  Oh, and a word about drinking before your ceremony…. If you can’t drive a car, then you can’t sign a legal document – a few light beers or a champagne to calm your nerves is Ok, but don’t over do it before the ceremony – afterwards – go for it!!






Why should couples book with you?
I urge all the couples that I meet with to make sure they spend time meeting with wedding suppliers before booking, to make sure they feel a real connection.  This is so important – especially when it comes to photographers and celebrants.  These professionals will be in your close personal space on your wedding day, so it’s important there is a good rapport established before hand.  I find that people book with me because they feel comfortable and at ease in my presence – I’m pretty easy to get along with and am told by my clients that they find my nurturing and relaxed manner quite comforting on their wedding day.

 

What special advice do you suggest?
Take the time to really think about the ceremony and it’s meaning to the two of you – you are making very personal promises to one another for your life together and you want the ceremony to reflect the story of your love.  So many couples only realize upon reflection, just how much the ceremony really meant to them.  You will be surprised by just how easy it is to say what you want to say to your bride or groom, even in front of your family and friends, because when you are standing in the ceremony space,  you are just so focused on the person you love who is standing before you.




How can they get in contact? 
Wendy Marshall
Ph: 0437 637 364
Website: www.weddingsbywendy.com.au 
Email: weddingsbywendy@bigpond.com 
Facebook: www.facebook.com/WeddingsByWendy 
Twitter: twitter.com/GCCelebrant


3 comments:

  1. As the Bride pictured here I just would like to say that I could not have been happier with both Wendy and Martina’s services! I would have been completely lost without these two ladies as part of my day and I truly can not thank them enough for that! It's true what Wendy has said you need to feel comfortable and make a connection with your Celebrant and Photographer and for me that meant I was able to feel at ease on my day as I knew I could trust these two wonderful ladies to make all my dreams come true!

    Much love, Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh darling Jade! It was truly a pleasure to be a part of your beautiful day and to help your dream day come true. Much love to you!! <3 <3

      Delete
  2. Well, for a wedding, there are such moments are of your lifetime that you always remember and capturing those moments in photos or videos is a great way but one who make this occasion organize well is definitely the marriage celebrants. So, selecting a professional celebrant is very important.

    Celebrant gold coast

    ReplyDelete